…the dreadful flu-like virus which has plagued my existence these last few weeks, that is 🙂
This is what my view has been lately:
I don’t generally go in for a whole lot of medication when I have the flu, but I really needed that nasal decongestant to keep earache at bay, and I have to say I’m something of an evangelical convertee to Strepfen for extremely sore throats! Ibuprofen is my drug of choice for managing fever if aspirin doesn’t work, and you can’t go past good old Vicks for that “I’m sick but I’m taking care of myself” sensation.
So: what have I learnt during my few weeks of illness? Here are a few random tidbits:
- you actually can write coherently argued assignments for university while running a fever, and even get good grades for them (I wouldn’t recommend the practice, though!)
- reality checking your mood against the state of your viral infection is always a good thing to do
- the WordPress community cares, and emails or posts questions about how you’re travelling – love you guys
- just because someone says they’re being assertive doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t being aggressive (took me a while to figure that one out! …yes, I still have some work to do in the field of assertion)
- online shopping is really fun.
Oh, and just to prove that last point, here are some ankle boots which arrived yesterday:
They were the first pair of shoes I’d ever bought from the internet, and they fit perfectly, and I absolutely love them!
OK, guys, here’s the deal: I’m so far behind on everyone’s blogs, there’s no way I can catch up on all your wonderful news. If you have something hilarious, amazeballs, tragicsome or intriguing to share, please do so in the comments space below!