It was fun, having a spring in my step this morning; it was less fun, crashing afterwards, but it’s nice to be ending the day with an echo of that spring returned.
Was it the level of activity which caused the afternoon slump? I took my exercise level up a notch today. Was it the larger-than-usual lunch, as I cleared out the fridge of the week’s leftovers? Perhaps. Was it the fact that I made time this afternoon to deliberately think about the thoughts and feelings I’ve been repressing? Hmmm …
The best news, from my perspective, is that although I’ll be going to bed soon, I actually feel happy about today, and about all the things I’ve achieved in the last week. I want to keep a record of these, so here they are, summarized:
- published an eBook on Monday – yay! You can see a picture of it to the right 🙂 I feel like a new mum with baby pics!
- gave myself a ‘mental health day’ from my mental health day program on Tuesday, lol
- cleared out the spare room and filled our trash can on Tuesday, simultaneously denying our neighbours of their “top up” habits, which they’d been exploiting a little too freely lately (hell hath no fury like a woman whose bins have been violated)
- planted out a new garden bed on Wednesday – yay!
- found some old documents I needed on Friday, which were in an unmarked box near the bottom of a pile of archive containers at the back of the garage. Phew! That was a dirty, dusty but ultimately rewarding job
- had a great therapy session on Friday – yay!
- took my exercise to the next level today – yay!
I have so much to be grateful for, so much to enjoy, and so much living to do in the near future. Now there’s a sentence I didn’t think I’d be typing anytime soon. Blue skies ahead!
How’s your day been?