That’s a quote from the new episode of Modern Family I watched Monday evening. Gee, I wish it were true, because being quite (i.e. drastically) low I feel quite lazy – and plenty crazy!
What to do when you’re feeling so low? So out of options, lonely, isolated, afraid, hopeless? Why, you write a gratitude list, of course! Here goes:
- Today I am grateful that I have been able to cry. (Weird one, I know, but profoundly depressed people will get it.)
- Right now, I am grateful that I can access the internet and write this Gratitude List.
- Shortly I will be grateful for the soup I made earlier. Home made soup: yum …
- I am always grateful for Lois McMaster Bujold’s fiction. She is original and hilarious and thoughtful and wise and farcical and puts every word in its right place on the page.
- Finally, I’m grateful to all the people who’ve taught me the skills I’ve used to get through today.
That’s about it. It’s a bit short today, but, you know … depressed. Oh! I just thought of something else! Tea:
I’m always grateful for tea.
Is there anything you’re grateful for today?