So … yesterday my post was inspired by this picture of a Rwandan cow. The question I posed at the end, an alternate inspiration, was: “What’s your beef?”
Well, since you asked (and yes, I know you didn’t, but anyway …) here’s my list of grumbles:
- Slavery, child and otherwise. For example: why don’t more big labels come out with fair trade clothing? Because it would cut their profit margins, that’s why. Yay vintage and op shopping!
- Climate change denial in the face of overwhelming evidence. Seriously?
- Persistent misogyny in our society. Yep, we hardly even notice it, do we?
- Mental health services in rural and regional Australia: inadequate.
- Insurance companies: mean, and headache-provoking.
- Vegetarianism. Should be more of it. Or, at least, part-time carnivorism.
- Guess what the latest public asset up for sale in my state is? The city’s port. Yeah, that’s forward thinking.
- The rude woman on my street who pisses the rest of us off.
- TV stations changing their advertised schedules at short notice.